Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You take the good, you take the bad...

Hey Cody go sit by Mouse...
He decided to sit like Mouse, too. Ha!

Life and then some. That is what has been going on with me. Man, my boy has a shiner. He looks like a kid that is being abused. Or really clumsy. He has a bruise on his right cheek a scratch on his left cheek and a huge black and blue eye. All of these came from different events. 2 at day care. He is a boy alright. I hate to see him like that because I know it musta hurt him. But he still doesn't talk clearly or enough for me to know exactly what happened and how much it hurt. Maybe I will get a picture tomorrow. He still is missing that front tooth he lost and will be for like, what 7 more years? On a lighter more exciting side, the other day he said his longest sentence ever. Before this the most words he has stung together in a row has been like 2. But at dinner the other night he pointed to the bowl of apricots and said, "Can I have some more... please?" Just like that. I was so excited! He is so awesome. I feel like he is very delayed, but I know he will get it. He mimics voice pattern and inflection so we can hear him singing and counting, and talking but usually the words are not clear unless he is saying just one word as in... I say.. Twinkle twinkle little... The he says "STARRR!" Clear and loud and excited. But more that two he fades to jibber jabber. He knows what he is saying we just don't, usually. We will, though. I know we will one day. I can't wait.

My car was hit today. In a parking lot. Not my fault. In fact....(this description of what happened comes from my facebook) It was not my fault, thank goodness. I was in the store. My car was hit by a lady in the parking lot. Dented the bumper a bit. When I came out my necklaces hanging from the rear view mirror were totally swaying. Then I noticed my car was unlocked. I thought I was robbed. I was freaking out. I checked the back to make sure no one was in there (too many urban legend emails, I guess) then got in. Then a lady came up to my window and gestured for me to roll it down. I cracked it and say..."Yessss?" All Lurch style. And then she told me she hit my car. She had moved and parked like 4 rows away but came back to check the damage. She messed her beast up quite a bit. Oh well. I felt bad for her, right after I felt the relief that my stuff wasn't stolen and no one was gonna shank my ankle and steal my kid. (for those of you who were wondering, the car wasn't locked because I had the key chain with the bad clicker and I thought I locked it but it apparently didn't catch.) Poor Gerty! That is my cars nickname, not the name of the woman who violated her. I was trying to find a picture of her. Gertrude Esmeralda, my car. But I dont have one handy. So here is a couple of pictures of people in her...
And actually while making that collage I did find one that shows part of her... There on the side.

Why Gertrude Esmeralda, you ask? Well, because she is cute and spunky and to have a name like Gerty you've got to have spunk. Plus she is (was...sad face) pretty, too!

1 comment:

korie said...

Sorry about the car! Cody sure is one cute boy!