Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My 3 year old is halirous

Ok, he will be 4 in 2 months but honestly this kid cracks me up.  For example, yesterday I was trying to bargain with him. I had been trying to get him to write his name. He was about at the end of the "play time" with the writing and learning games so I told him if he wrote his name for me he could have an ice cream sandwich.  He stopped trying to ignore me and looked at me and laughed as he said, "Ice cream sandwich? That's funny. That is silly, ice cream Sandwich!"  I told him not really it was good he would like it and he said, "Ew gross." He finally wrote out his name for me as best he could and as a result got the (mini) ice cream sandwich, which he did not in fact think was gross at all. Ha.

At Six Flags dancing to a Bugs Bunny Show
You thought that was sort of cute, how about this one?  I have some glass glasses that I bring out some time for fun. The other morning I poured some egg nog in these "fancy" glasses (they look like champagne glasses.)  Cody wanted to try some so I handed him a glass. He was facing away from me and toward the girls. I told him, "be careful. That glass can break easily."  I wish I would have caught his response on video. He was holding the stem of the glass in both hands. He shuffled his feet first to the right and then the left pretending to tip the glass each way as he moved back and forth saying, "Woah, woah..."  I was so surprise. I asked the girls if he really just did what I thought he did.  I repeated the movement I say and sure enough this kid was messing with me with his sarcastic humor. What 3 year old do you know that is so silly?  It was so stinkin funny!!

He is learning a lot. He can almost write his name. He gets sort of stuck on the Y and tries to make the D a capital letter then adds the straight line part.  He is still working on talking more clearly. He knows the colors. He knows letters and numbers. He is learning to write them out.  He is currently in the fridge (oh make that freezer) helping himself to a snack.  It was an ice cream sandwich. Mommy had to say no to that one tonight as he has already had one.

When he doesn't want to do some thing he says, "Daddy, says no." As in daddy does not want him to do what I am telling him to do.  It is pretty funny. When he realizes daddy does agree with me he then says, "miss Liz says no." (His daycare lady.) That is what I get for telling him Miss Liz or daddy would want him to do what ever it is I am asking him to do.
His most special talent is burping the ABC's.  He is channeling some old friends of mine with that one. He can burp on command and thinks it is pretty funny. My husband and my grandma disagree. I dislike it when he wont stop but I have to admit sometimes it is funny. Gross but funny.
He defiantly has a personality. And I love it!
Now if only I could get him to sleep in his own bed again when daddy is working nights.
 This video was a month ago or so...
 

2 comments:

codyBIG said...

Little Cody definitely gets his sense of humor (and the ability to belch the alphabet on demand) from his momma!!

Unknown said...

I have a feeling that the old friend you referred to when Cody burped the ABCs is me. I miss you guys!

Love
Deja